Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dear North Carolina,

No matter how hard I try, I don't think I will ever understand why people think it is ok to deprive basic human rights from others. Shouldn't we have come farther than this? My degree is in history, so I understand how prejudices can manifest, but aren't we supposed to learn from the past?

I truly want what is best for humanity. It breaks my heart when people are alienated in this manner. I expected better from you NC. I really did. I have spent a majority of my life defending the South. This is my home. I am a NC native. I have never lived anywhere else. But then you go and do something so far passed insensitive that you can't even see common decency from where you are standing.

Ho would you feel? No seriously, open your eyes and learn to empathize. Someone says, "Hey, you know what is unnatural? A man and a woman getting married. We should really put an amendment in our state constitution to stop that plague on society." Your pissed off now, aren't you? Exactly.

So you say your Bible says that it's wrong. You know what else that book tells you to do?In a holy war, it's essential to kill men, women, and children then go ahead and burn their civilization to the ground. The whole basis of religion is that God infallible, right? Men wrote the Bible, and they are very fallible. My intention is not to be offensive. I want you to understand that life doesn't fit in these limited contexts you are creating and trying to impose.

So, where is your humanity, your common sense? This is just going to be one more thing to be ashamed of later.


Just some thoughts,
A Citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment