Tuesday, September 8, 2009


Let me tell you how pathetic my life is, ok? One of my favorite people in the whole world is a dog. He isn't even an intelligent dog. He is goofy and goofy looking. He can jump at least fifteen times his own height, and he is the most spoiled creature in this whole planet.


If you aren't caught up on my life thus far, my older dog (whom I had since I was six) was put to sleep a couple weeks ago. We had gotten her a companion to harass in her old age, that would be the lovely Frank Zappa. He was initially supposed to encourage my older dog to hobble around and get some exercise.


He is a handful. He is two and half years old and not 100% potty trained ( I don't know how my parents put up with him either). He has a Napoleon complex and a through belief that if you are eating something half of it is rightfully his. I love that dog.


As I lie awake in my apartment at night and think of home, I can hear his collar jingle as if he's jumping off of something. He is the first occupant of the house to meet you at the door when you come in. He will con you into letting him sleep in your bed. I never learn my lesson. I can never sleep with him there, because he is honestly ten pounds and I'm afraid I'm going to squash him. He insists on being under the covers too, and your bed ends up smelling like dog.


He has the tendency of jumping on the dining room table and eating a whole stick of butter. He also has the goofiest little face. He walks on his hind legs and knows how to jump on command. He is truly amazing, and simultaneously infuriating.


He makes me wish they allowed pets in my apartment. Even though he would probably hate the snow, considering he won't even go outside when the ground is wet.

Isn't he just oddly adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment