Sunday, August 23, 2009


The first day of class is steadily approaching. Between nervous excitement and paralyzing dread, I am completely unprepared. I am back in Boone, which I recently spent a week in Gastonia (my home town). Now, as I sit in my apartment across from my wonderful roommate, I can imagine how the rest of this semester will play out.

My schedule is fairly tedious. Tuesdays and Thursday are going to be long days. My first class begins at 9:30 in the morning and my last class ends at 5 in the afternoon. In those days, I will also be doing the lab for my Curriculum and Instructions class, where I must tutor some unexpecting students. It will be an experience to say the least.

Monday, I have a Chemistry lab that is scheduled to last three hours. It doesn't usually take that long (or rather it doesn't take that long for other people). I am not a science kind of girl. I will never be a science kind of girl. I don't care how things works...I really don't as long as they work.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I only have two lectures. So, Wednesday and Friday are going to be nice. Although the classes are Chemistry and Curriculum/Instruction.

I don't know if I'm going to have a good semester yet. I never do. Half way through the semester I can pretty much predict if things will go my way. My first semester of college did not go well for me at all. I was sick all the time. It was a new experience. My grades were seriously lacking. Although, last semester I made it onto the Chancellor's list with even more classes. So, it's really a flip of a coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment