Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today was my best friend's birthday (which she shares with her twin another one of my favorite people, but don't tell him that).

Every year I buy her a present within themes, because that makes it more fun for the both of us. She is truly an old soul in a young body, because one of her favorite past times is knitting. This was the theme of the year. So, my mother and I bought almost all the knitting products in Michael's you could think of. My mother loves KT like a daughter and buys her coordinating gifts with me. Did you know they have glow in the dark knitting needles? Well, you do now.

Every year is like a mini battle between the two of us, because she does not exploit her day of birth the way I think she should. It's always a small gathering of friends that go out to eat. This year we went to the movies which was a first for this particular occasion.

She chose the movie that came out today: Post Grad. She thought it would be fitting considering we will all be headed back to our educational institutions soon. Although, it is a little disheartening when one of the major points in the plot is the main character cannot find a job. What an inspiration, right?

The movie over all was decent. It wasn't great, but not awful. It was worth seeing. I being the Gilmore Girls fan that I am (don't judge me my mother and I actually talk that fast maybe with fewer cultural references and more swearing, but still), I love Alexis Bledel with almost a blind eye. The acting could have been better and so could the plot, but what it lacks it substances it makes up for in cute.

A totally ok pick if you want to watch something fluffy.

Well, my dog is pretty much begging for attention and considering he is an only child now I feel obligated to oblige. I think he is fluent in English, because I said "come on" and he bolted for the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment