Monday, August 17, 2009

Passionate

You could not call me a passionate person with a straight face. (If you can, you are much better at lying to yourself than I). I've done pretty much everything in my life half-assed as it should be done.

I have my future planned out in the vaguest sense. I don't want to be a rock star or a celebrity of any kind. I want all the simplest things most of which the average person just assumes will come their way. I want a family and a steady source of income. The only grand thing that is covered in cobwebs in the back of my mind is to travel the world.

I in true nerd fashion want to see all the foreign historical sights that I've only read about. I want to get lost in a foreign city. I want to wander around museums.

I doubt I'll ever go all the places I want before I die. This only allows dust to collect on my travel bug. Actually, doubt plagues just about all my endeavors. My unwillingness to fail has, admittedly, kept me from doing things that I did not think I would excel at. This effectively killed my passion for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment